While away on a long weekend away in the Peak District National Park in Derbyshire I learned a few things.
1. The scenery is breathtaking.
credit: Chris Hepburn/Getty
2. Parking meters turn up everywhere. (Even the middle of nowhere.)
3. Sweet shops aren’t extinct.
The Sweet Emporium in Bakewell
4. Residents of a village called Hope can say they ‘live in Hope’. (Hehe!)
5. Independent stores still exist. (There were two bookshops in one village!)
6. Chatsworth House was inspiration for Darcy’s Pemberley.
So naturally Chatsworth was used to represent Pemberley in the 2005 film adaption starring Matthew Macfadyen as Darcy and Kiera Knightly as Elizabeth.