I jump around from genre to genre to keep things interesting, but I tend to stick to these categories.
- Urban Fantasy
- Paranormal Romance
- Historical Romance
- Epic/High Fantasy
- Dystopian & Post-Apocalypic Fiction
- Young Adult
- Non-Fiction: Feminism, Book About Books, Health & Psychology, Media Tie-ins, Humour / Coffee Table books.
- Ilona Andrews (Sci-Fi, Urban Fantasy)
- Shelly Laurenston (Paranormal / Fantasy Romance)
- Nalini Singh (Paranormal Romance)
- Patricia Briggs (Urban / Epic Fantasy)
- Jordan Castillo Price (GLBT)
- Rhiannon Frater (Horror)
- Maria V. Snyder (Epic Fantasy)
- Eve Langlais (Romance / Erotica, in multiple genres)
Those from 2012 include:
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
For more, see my favourites shelf at Goodreads.